Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I set a custom favicon for a given domain?
- A: Simply put your desired favicon under the root of your domain named
/favicon.ico, or use your HTTP server’s ‘alias’, ‘rewrite’ or similar functionality to map that path to wherever your favorite favicon is.
- Q: If I want to add an extra handler (like
tpl_handler), should I modify corehandlers.rc, or is there a better way to do it?
- A: This depends on the function and audience for your handler, there are three main options on where to define new handlers:
- For one-off ‘hacks’ or site/page specific handlers that aren’t meant to be reused by other people use either /etc/initrc.local or a _werc/config file to both define and set your handlers.
- For specialized handlers that can be reused, or that might involve a certain degree of complexity and depend on extra template files and so on, create a new app that is installed under the /apps/ root directory (the handler itself would usually go into /apps/myapp/app.rc, but make sure to follow the existing convention on how such handlers are enabled, using a function of the form
conf_enable_myappthat can be called from config files.
- For general purpose handlers that are not too complex and widely useful (or can be easily used in combination with existing functionality), add to corehandlers.rc and send us a patch so we can add it to the main distribution!
- Q: Do I need to know how to program the
rcshell to use werc?
- A: No, you only need that to extend and create new werc ‘apps’, to use the standard setup and standard apps all you need to know is to use
mkdirand and a text editor of your choice.
To post a comment you need to login first.