The versioning scheme is a mess, originally even minor version numbers were supposed to be stable and odd ones development branches, but turns out that for the most part it is easier to do incremental development instead of keeping ‘dev’ and ‘stable’ branches.
A development branch might be added in the future if the changes are radical
enough and break backwards compatibility in some important way. For this the
deprecated and currently outdated
werc-dev mercurial repo will be used.
Werc 1.5.x, current stable branch
Planned major changes in 1.5
Include required p9p binaries in standard distribution (or with some easy to deploy packaging).
- New/rewritten css layout, using html5 flexbox [Done]
- File upload support [Code contributed by maht, needs integration]
- OpenID support [Code contributed by maht, also needs integration]
- More complete test suite. [See: http://tst.cat-v.org]
- Integrate all changes from 9front live sites [Done]
- Add rc-httpd [Done]
- Add optional headers.tpl to site-specific templates in _werc/lib/ [Done]
- Add apps/mdir [Code contributed by khm, needs integration]
- Add apps/paste [Code contributed by khm, rewrite to use apps/upload]
Werc 1.4.x, previous stable branch
- Mostly bugfixes, documentation work, and minor improvements.
- Only security fixes.
Werc 1.1.x dev branch
- Convert all templates and pages to HTML 5. [Done]
- Include new markdown implementation in pure awk by yuyis.[Done]
- Native Plan 9 httpd works out of the box. [Mostly done]
- Support for Google’s Pubsubhubbub. [Experimental implementation already done]
- Include test suite/site (also to be hosted at http://tst.cat-v.org) [In Progress]
- Abandoned, please upgrade.
Werc 2.0 Plans
- Big redesigns / rewrites.
- Any non-backwards compatible changes.
- Bring some sanity to the function/config-variable naming insanity.
- Nothing else planned yet.
To post a comment you need to login first.